As we live in the south of England, we take the Brittany Ferries Portsmouth to Caen crossing.
If you choose to cross to Cherbourg you can pick this route up before Tours. Crossings to Dieppe or Calais involve a longer route (miles) but not necessarily a longer journey (time).
Directions Caen to Le Mas
- At the ferry port of Ouisterham follow signs to Caen (route D515)
- Your route south will take you via the following key towns:
Alencon – Le Mans – Tours – Poitiers – Angouleme – Perigueux.
- In Perigueux follow the signs through the city marked Toutes Directions.
- Just south of Perigueux follow the signs towards Brive-Bergerac-Cahors.
- Follow signs towards Les Eyzies and Sarlat (route N89). Look for signs bearing right towards Cahors and Le Bugue (route D710).
- Through Le Bugue follow the signs Autres Directions and then follow signs towards Toulouse and Le Buisson (route D51).
- At Vic turn right over the river towards and into Le Buisson (route D31/51).
- At Le Buisson turn left at the T-junction towards Toulouse-Siorac-Belves (route D25).
- At Siorac pass the Intermarche supermarket on your left and turn right at the roundabout towards Belves and Fumel (route D710).
- At Belves-Fougaffier turn right towards Belves (route D53) or take the town bypass a couple of kilometres further on.
- From Belves follow the signs for Monpazier (route D53).
- After passing the hamlet of Fongaloup on your left, about 7 miles south of Belves, take the right turn signposted towards St Marcory just after a left-hand bend.
- At the St Marcory sign, turn left up the hill past the old Ecole Communale on your right.
- Proceed up the hill to the first large barn on your right and enter through archway.
You have arrived! Please park your cars inside the open barn and not on the grass.